What To Expect At Your First Consultation
If you’re like most people, you want to know what to expect before you sign up for something. Before you schedule a consultation at the Law Office of Reuben J. Doing, for example, you probably want to know what will happen.
To help set your mind at ease, here are a few things you should know about the initial meeting with us:
- It can happen over the phone or in person. Usually, the first contact we have with clients is over the phone. You can talk with attorney Reuben Donig without having to drive to our San Mateo, California, office. After that initial phone conversation, however, we will probably want to meet with you in person.
- We can make home and hospital visits. If your injuries make it too difficult to travel, our lawyer will gladly arrange to visit you at your home, in the hospital or at another convenient location. Plus, we can set up evening or weekend appointments as needed.
- You will meet directly with our attorney. Reuben Donig will sit down with you one-on-one and listen to your story. He will talk with you about your accident and injuries, the treatment you have received so far and the impact it has had on your life. Then, he will answer your questions and explain your legal options for moving forward.
- We recommend bringing relevant paperwork. If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident, for instance, we would like to see the accident report, your auto insurance policy information and any correspondence you have had with the other person’s insurance company.
- You are under no obligations. The initial consultation is absolutely free and comes with no strings attached. You are not obligated to hire our lawyer — the first consultation is simply a chance to learn more about your rights and options.